Telecommunications, financial services, manufacturing, and the energy sector all work around the clock and require consistent connectivity. Continuous network monitoring is required to maintain this modern condition of 24-7 worldwide operations. This can make managing network services within typical IT services difficult.
The NOC manages network systems such as data storage, software updates, and connectivity. A NOC will undertake the following activities and operations:
- Updating, troubleshooting, and installing software on network-connected systems
- IT infrastructure and equipment management
- Backing up data and maintaining its network accessibility
- Providing antiviral assistance
- Firewall and network security software monitoring
- Patch administration